Stage 1 - Bespoke tour
We are mindful that our new parents may well be in the process of relocating to another city, country or even continent, therefore the our admissions process is designed to be as simple and flexible as possible for parents, see below our step by step guide.
We look forward to welcoming you to Britannica, during your first visit, we will:
- Introduce Britannica International School
- Discuss your child’s educational needs and suitability for our school and curriculum
- Provide a bespoke school tour
- Introduce you to our Principal, Mr David Goodwin
- Answer any specific questions you may have regarding the admissions procedure, our curriculum, school routines and timetables, after school activities, transport, etc.
It is important to us that during this visit that you acquire as much information about our school as possible to ensure you are making the right choice for your child.
Stage 2 – Applying
When you are ready to apply for a place for your child at Britannica International School, we will require a completed application form.
The following documents will also be required:
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate and a copy of your child’s passport
- Two passport photos
- A copy of the parents/guardian(s) passport(s)
- A copy of your residence permit
- A copy of parent/guardian(s) work permit
- A copy of your child’s medical insurance card
- Copies of your child’s last two school reports
- A copy of your child's immunization record
All these documents can be scanned and returned to our admissions department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any missing documents can be brought into school at your convenience.
Stage 3 – Assessment + second visit
On receipt of the application form and documentation we will organise a meeting with the Principal which will include a formal assessment.
We assess all students in order to asses their cognitive ability to ensure that our school is right for your child and that your child will achieve their maximum potential whilst at our school.
Schedule an assessment
Our Admissions department will be delighted to welcome you to the school for an assessment. Please contact them by telephone at +86-21-6402 7889 or by email at email@example.com
Stage 4 - Offer and acceptance
Providing that there is a place available for your child and that they have met both the admissions criteria (outlined by Shanghai Municipal Government) and passed the meeting or assessment, our Principal, Mr David Goodwin will provide an official offer to your child.
The offer will be valid for 7 days and the school place will be secured once we have received the refundable deposit. The parent or guardian should accept the offer by email confirmation and arrange the payment as outlined in the statement.
Once your child is accepted, a registration fee of 2000RMB and a deposit of 20,000RMB is required per child. The deposit will be fully refunded providing all accounts have been settled, all school property has been returned and required notice submitted. The deposit is not refundable if the child does not attend the school after enrolment and a place has been reserved.
Please view our fees section for a full break down of our fees and payment process.