Admissions process/ School fees
Stage 1 - Bespoke tour
We are mindful that our new parents may well be in the process of relocating to another city, country or even continent, therefore our admissions process is designed to be as simple and flexible as possible for parents. Please see below our step by step guide.
We look forward to welcoming you to Britannica. During your first visit, we will:
1. Introduce Britannica International School
2. Discuss your child’s educational needs and suitability for our school and curriculum
3. Provide a bespoke school tour
4. Introduce you to our Principal
5. Answer any specific questions you may have regarding the admissions procedure, our curriculum, school routines and timetables, after school activities, transport, etc.
It is important to us that during this visit you acquire as much information about our school as possible to ensure you are making the right choice for your child.
Stage 2 – Applying
When you are ready to apply for a place for your child at Britannica International School, we will require a completed application form.
The following documents will also be required:
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate and a copy of your child’s passport
- Two passport photos
- A copy of the parents/guardian(s) passport(s)
- A copy of parent/guardian(s) and child’s residence permit
- A copy of parent/guardian(s) work permit
- A copy of your child’s medical insurance card
- Copies of your child’s last two school reports
- A copy of your child's immunization record
All these documents can be scanned and returned to our admissions department at email@example.com. Any missing documents can be brought into school at your convenience.
Stage 3 – Assessment + second visit
On receipt of the application form and documentation, we will organise a meeting with the Principal which will include a formal assessment.
We assess all students in order to evaluate their cognitive ability to ensure that our school is right for your child and that your child will achieve their maximum potential whilst at our school.
Schedule an assessment
Our Admissions department will be delighted to welcome you to the school for an assessment. Please contact them by telephone at +86 21 6402 7889 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stage 4 - Offer and acceptance
Providing that there is a place available for your child and that they have met both the admissions criteria (outlined by Shanghai Municipal Government) and passed the meeting or assessment, our Principal will provide an official offer for your child.
The offer will be valid for 7 days and the school place will be secured once we have received the refundable deposit. The parent or guardian should accept the offer via email confirmation and arrange the payment as outlined in the statement.
Once your child is accepted, a registration fee of 2000RMB and a deposit of 20,000RMB is required per child. The deposit will be fully refunded providing all accounts have been settled, all school property has been returned and required notice submitted. The deposit is not refundable if the child does not attend the school after enrolment and a place has been reserved.
Please view our fees for a full breakdown of our fees and payment process.
Our school fees include tuition, all prescribed textbooks and teaching materials. Tuition fees for Year 10 and above include entrance fees for public examinations.
In addition to the school fees there are other costs including:
School uniform and PE kit - All pupils are required to wear school uniform and a school PE kit, which are sold at the school shop.
School lunch in the dining room - All pupils are required to eat lunch in the school dining room, 31/35RMB/meal. Special provision is made for vegetarians and those with medical dietary requirements. The cost will be paid directly by the parents to our school caterer, who will issue the appropriate invoices.
Notes on school fees
- Payment is accepted in RMB or in USD at the prevailing exchange rate. Please contact the Finance Department for details.
- The cost of all charges for all overseas transfers made to the school must be paid by the parent.
- Parents may choose to pay termly in advance or take advantage of the discounted rate if the total annual fee is paid in advance.
- The school accounting office will issue the fee payment notice, specifying the due date and will provide any assistance required with regard to fee payment.
- The school reserves the right to apply a 2% monthly surcharge, compounded monthly, on all school fees that are overdue.
- Additional optional costs School bus service: 95 RMB per day – to be paid termly English as an additional language tuition – dependent on the needs of the individual student.
2nd Child 5%, 3rd Child 5%. Please note: Only one discount, other than the 3% annual fee discount, may be applied to the fees of any child.
Method of payment
Payment can be made by bank transfer to the School’s RMB or USD bank account. (See below). Please ensure that your bank quotes the Invoice Number and Name of Pupil within the transfer payment details.
RMB Account Account： 上海不列颠英国外籍人员子女学校
A/C No.: 000000501510722886 Bank Name: Standard Chartered Bank, Shanghai Branch